Nature and Nurture of the Soul – March 28-31, 2024
Faith is to religion what sails are to a ship; it is an addition of power, not an added burden of life. 159:3.8, (1766.4)
Mind is your ship, the Adjuster is your pilot, the human will is captain. The master of the mortal vessel should have the wisdom to trust the divine pilot to guide the ascending soul into the morontia harbors of eternal survival. 111:1.9, (1217.4)
Come set sail with us!
Mark your calendars now for the next exciting Urantia Association International Conference in 2024! This will be the 12th International Conference of the Association and is being organized by Urantia Association of the United States (UAUS). It will take place from the afternoon of March 28 thru noon March 31, 2024 (Thursday-Sunday)
The conference is a thorough study of the soul, with eight topics divided into two categories. Reading lists will be provided prior to the conference for those who wish to prepare in advance.
Check-in opens 3pm Thursday afternoon. There will be a welcome dinner at 6pm followed by a meet and greet reception with music and entertainment hosted by the Hawaii Urantia Local Association (H.U.L.A.).
Friday we will study the nature of our soul, including:
- Your Thought Adjuster Initiates and Fosters Your Soul
- Your Soul Is Morontial in Nature
- Soul Consciousness Leads to God-Consciousness
- Your Father on Paradise is the Destiny of Your Soul
Saturday we will study how to nurture our soul, including:
- Your Soul Grows as you do the Father’s Will
- The Spirit of Truth and Seraphic Guidance Stimulate Soul Growth
- Worship and Prayer Promote Soul Growth
- Your Soul Grows through Loving Ministry and Religious Living
Easter Sunday we will conclude the conference with worship and a time for remembrance of Jesus.
Registration for the conference is $325.
Early registration (before September 1, 2023) is $295.
Late registration (January 15, 2024 or later) is $375
Conference registration includes two lunches as well as morning and afternoon hospitality. (Lunch Sunday is not included.) Registration entitles you to be at the conference center and to attend all conference events. There might be some events after the conference ends (such as a Sunday afternoon tour) that require an additional fee. If there is a child care program, that will be an additional fee (but children do not have to register for the conference if they are not attending the talks and discussions).
Click here to complete the registration form.
Note that registration is complete after your payment has been processed.
Be sure to read and understand the liability information:
The closest airport is the Baltimore/Washington International Airport (airport code BWI). Shuttle service will be provided to the conference center (details to be distributed later).
Hotel rooms are booked separately through the Maritime Conference Center. You may stay at a different hotel if you wish. Breakfast and dinner are included with MCC rooms. (Note that you need to be either a conference attendee or room guest to make use of amenities on the site.) If a member of your group is not going to attend the conference activities, please let us know so we can provide local area information. We will help arrange group tours if enough people are interested.
- To reserve rooms at the hotel serving the conference center call 410-859-5700 and press 7 for reservations. This will connect you to the front desk.
- Ask the person there to make reservations during the “Urantia Association International Conference” dated 3/28/2024 through 3/31/2024.
- The only requirement is that a reservation be connected to the conference. Room reservations can begin before or end after the conference.
- Stays can also be extended. While attending the conference, visit the front desk and ask for the extension.
- Room rates are $139 single occupancy or $184 double occupancy plus applicable taxes. (Guaranteed through November 28, 2023 may increase after that.)
- Or you can reserve rooms online at www.mccbwi.org/accommodations.html using group code 1456
Volunteers needed to lead breakout sessions and to give brief talks on the program topics, as well as help with conference organization, check-ins, and other activities.
Check back for updates on entertainment, speaker list, and group tours.
Let us know on the registration form if you are interested in children’s events or childcare.
To view the promotional trailer for the conference, click here.
Questions? Want to help? Email email@example.com